Thursday, February 16, 2006

2006 Race Plan

I finally took some time to figure out my race plan for the coming year. Well, atleast the next several months, anyways. Here's what I have:

25-Feb Cross Timbers 50M/25M
11-Mar Waco FIVE-0 50K
25-Mar Do the Ultra Canyon 47K or 15K
or...
25-Mar Grasslands 50M/26.2M

1-Apr Hog's Hunt 50K
23-Apr The Maze 30K
30-Apr Rocky Hill Ranch 50K
6-May Prickly Pear 50K
21-May The Loop 30K
18-Jun The Belt 30K
19-Aug Pikes Peak 26.2

Obviously I'm not going to do Graslands and Ultra Canyon. I'll probably see how Waco goes and decide if I can do 50M. If not, I'll do the 47K. I haven't been to either place, so both should be fun.

My two long shot goals are Zane Grey and San Juan Solstice. Right now I don't think either are going to happen with my work schedule and my lack of training over the past 2 months. But now I'm ramping up again and ready to get going with a lot of the Texas races. Once things get rolling, we'll see how things go. I've been known to do a lot of dumb things, so running a crazy race I'm not ready for isn't out of reach.

3 comments:

Hadashi said...

Hi TJ,
I like your down to earth attitude towards running. Did you choose the title of your blog from George Sheehan? And you enjoy the Doors and Jimi Hendrix! I'd say you have your life well sorted out. I'm dabbling with ultramarathons myself, but have been distracted by barefoot running and walking these last few years. See www.williamandmami.blogspot.com for a look at what I've been doing.
All the best.

brownie said...

Damn, I'm jealous. I've done Hog's Hunt, Rocky Hill, and Prickly Pear, all fun races.

The Gov't Canyon race should be good, great trails down there. Plus, you're guaranteed a PR in the 47K!

You're welcome to crash at my place for Pikes. March 1st is coming up! You should double...

San Juan Solstice is filled. I was the last one, #150, to get in. I hear Zane is filling fast.

tripped over a rock said...

The original ZG'06 gang (you, JT, Meredith, Shan) really missed a great one! So good that I'm going back to Payson next year for sure and will be counting on seeing the rest of you there!