Saturday, February 10, 2007

Big Horn

I officially started my training today for the Big Horn 100M trail race. I've been taking it easy for the past 2 months, still running but keeping the runs short. About 15 miles into today's run I started wandering what I just got myself into.

My legs still feel OK, but my endurance is not the same as it was. I think I can get it back pretty fast, but climbing back up the Hill Of Life today after a 20 miler it was all I could do to just get to the top of the hill.

Tomorrow I'll do 10 for my first back-to-back in awhile... I'm a little nervous about big horn, but I'm excited to get back into it. I've already registered, so there's no backing out now.  I have exactly 125 days to get ready.

5 comments:

brownie said...

Good luck! And make sure you stay in shape for the Cactus Rose, looks like I may be down there for that!

TJ said...

thanks. I definitely plan on being at cactus rose one way or another, even if i'm not in shape to run it.

aka Moogy said...

You'll do fine TJ. Maybe we can hang for awhile in it. It will be my first 100 since Pb'ville 05 and it might be a slug-fest. All we have to do is beat the Coach!

brownie said...

Wow, is that your entire list of training supplements?

TJ said...

Yep, it ain't easy to run after taking all of them. Trust me.