Monday, October 20, 2008

Training Update

My training has been going pretty well the past month or so. Right now I'm struggling with my achilles, although it is getting better. It's still a nagging pain, and has forced me to cut a few runs short.

Friday night I did a long night run. I started around 8pm, and ran until close to 10pm to the top of the HOL. There I met Pete, Josue, Brad, and Ryan for a great stroll through the greenbelt. We hit a few trails that I hadn't ever been on and that I didn't even know existed. These guys are all great runners, it was everything I could do to keep up. I planned on running until midnight, but I was having so much fun that I decided to stick it out until 2am, which is what the other guys had planned. It turns out, we didn't finish until 3am, so I got in close to 7 hours when I only planned 4. On top of the extra time, it was much faster than I realized I could run for 7 hours. These guys didn't seem to be pushing it, but I was working pretty hard to keep up with them.

I was happy with my nutrition, which was my main goal for the evening. I did eventually bonk with about 5 miles to go, but that was only because I didn't have enough food or drink for those extra unplanned miles. Had I prepared for that, I'm confident I could have finished stronger.

All in all, it was a great weekend of running. Now I'm focused on some easy recovery runs so that I can be ready to push it again on wednesday.

1 comment:

Herschel Muehlbach said...

Given that 1937, Ray Ban 3404 glasses are actually fulfilling a want by supplying sun safety by stylish and quickly recognizable eye put on models. This is actually the explanation why rb2143 spectacles are so favorite amid present-day celebrities.