Thursday, March 09, 2006

No Five-0 for me...

I've decided not to go up to Waco this weekend for the Waco Five-0 50K. I'm sure it will be a great race, and I think I'm ready for it, but I run plenty of races and I'm going to take this weekend and just get some long easy runs in for fun. Jim and I have discussed going out to Bastrop State Park for a couple of loops. It's a great trail that I've only been to once. And I want him to get some trail experience since he's signed up for his second marathon, Pike's Peak. Not a bad second marathon. Gambatte!

In other news, I finally got a podiatrist appointment for my feet. With Pike's Peak training starting up soon, I just need to hurry up and heal. My legs are strong right now, and mentally I'm ready. If my feet were better, I'd venture to say I'd be as healthy as I've ever been.

No comments: