Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ramping Up

I've had a great week of running. My ramp back into heavy running started shortly after my podiatrist appointment last week. I've been doing the stretches and exerises she gave me (and dropping the pills she gave me too) and my feet feel pretty good. So I've been running a ton.

Last Wednesday I went out and did about 10 at the green belt with Joe P and company. The run was good, and fast, and I was dead tired when I finished. Then I hit the same trails on Saturday and Sunday for a total of about 25 more miles. I was lost most of the time but it didn't matter. I knew I was spent when I took a nasty fall and slammed my collar bone into a tree. No major damage, but I knew I was done for the day.

Again, this Wednesday I went out with the HCTR crew and did about 8-9 miles. We went a lot slower this week, and it was easy. It's a good thing too because I forgot to bring water. 10 miles without water is OK for me, I'm a little dehydrated when I'm done, but it was fine.

My feet are still feeling good, and I'm ready to ramp up with Pike's Peak training starting next Wednesday. I had been frustrated with all of my time away from heavy running, but I think it's paying off. I feel good, and the shorter faster running I had been doing seems to have helped. I feel faster and stronger on the hills. Maybe it's just an illusion, I won't be winning any races anytime soon, but I'm happy with my progress.

1 comment:

brownie said...

Good luck with the Pikes training, and tell the rest of Sisson's group I wish them luck too. Thinking of climbing Pikes this weekend, but as of now the weather is not cooperating.