Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Slacker

I'm a slacker, pure and simple. No, I've been running plenty, hitting the weights at the gym, eating right, and all of that. I'm a slacker because I haven't taken any time to write about my progress over the past 2 months or so. And it's been a very productive 2 months...

My Pike's Peak training started a couple of weeks ago, and so far its going great. My feet have mostly healed from all of the problems I had. I can honestly say that they haven't bothered me in weeks. I'm recovering from a badly twisted ankle going down the Hill of Life, but I haven't let it slow me down much.

I've lost about 20 pounds in the past couple of months (from 200lbs o 180lbs). No, I'm not on the Atkins Diet or South Beach Diet or anything like that, but I started eating more reasonably (no half gallons of ice cream 30 minutes before I go to bed), and my strength training at the gym pretty much took care of it. This has lead me to get faster and feel better on my long runs. Overall, it's been great progress.

Tomorrow morning at 5am we head out to the Guadalupe mountains for several days of some extreme running. I can't wait. We have a short run tomorrow evening, then 25 and 22 miles in the mountains on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, we'll climb to the highest peak in Texas, Guadalupe Peak (over 8000 ft), for one final journey before heading back to civilization. I'm really anxious to get out of here and hit those hills.

2 comments:

brownie said...

I'm jealous of your Guadalupe trip! Have fun out there. Moogy bailed on Hardrock (I was supposed to pace him) so it looks like I'll be doing the Barr Camp Trail Race, you gonna be there?

TJ said...

Nope, too much travel lately. I'm going to stick to texas until Pikes Peak.