Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Put a fork in me

OK, I'm totally spent. I had a tough week of running last week, then finished it off with a 12% grade treadmill run on Friday, 9 miles of trail course marking on Saturday night, and a few hours later a 30K race on those same trails. I decided I was OK on Monday, so I rode my bike for about an hour and did some hard downhill runs at the Ladera Norte hills on Tuesday.

Tonight I'm supposed to run with my Pike's Peak Rogue group at the greenbelt, but Ive decided to bail. I think this is the first intelligent decision I've made in awhile. My quads are shredded, my calves are sore, and my knee keeps cracking when I walk.

I have the 12-hour run coming up in a few weeks, and I want to make sure I'm ready. The trail is pretty hilly and rough. If all goes well, I'd like to break the 50M barrier which I've done twice but never gone over. So... in light of this, I'm taking a day off, maybe two, and I'll be better than ever by the weekend.

2 comments:

matt said...

That sound’s like the right decision…I am tired just reading the description of your recent training. What kind of miles are you going to put in for the next two weeks leading up the 12-hour?

Anonymous said...

Good choice- that little bit of rain that we got turned the Greenbelt into a sauna (at least by the creek)- ick.