Friday, June 09, 2006

Upcoming Races

OK, After last weekends struggles through Bandera and my eventual success, I've decided I need to figure out my running plans for the next couple of months. I do this every few months, I pick a bunch of races I'm going to do, then I skip them all and do a bunch of other races instead.

But, anyways, I'm going to do it again. Last weekend was encouraging, so (barring injury) I'm ready to commit to running the Bandera 100K in January. So here's what I'm thinking:

6/18 - The Belt 30K
7/8 - Capt'n Karls 12-hour night run
8/20 - Pike Peak Marathon
9/8 - Bandera 50/75/100M Fat Ass (I'll probably do 50M or less, considering its just 2 weeks after Pike's Peak
9/17 - Lake Bryan Fat Ass 50K (It's free!)
10/28 - Rocky Raccoon 50K (I probably won't do this)
11/4 - Rocky Trails 50M
11/18 - Warda Cardiac Run 50M (questionable on this one)
November - Ultra Centric 12/24/48 hour run (thinking 24hr)
December - Sunmart 50M
1/13 - Bandera 100K

My current plan is to do all of this to build up for the Bandera 100K and focus on that run and Pike's Peak. Then there is the Rocky Raccoon 100M in February which I'm not ruling out, but no where close to being ready for. Not physically or mentally. I need to think about that some more.

4 comments:

brownie said...

You should try to get into Western States next year...

Anonymous said...

where is ultra centric run?

- Matt

TJ said...

The location is TBA, but I think it'll be around Dallas.

You thinking about trying it?

matt said...

i am very interested in trying a 24-hour run this year. i will have to see if i can fit it into my schedule...what can you tell me about the run?