Friday, June 02, 2006

Bandera

I'm heading out to Bandera around 3pm today and starting to get really nervous. This isn't a race, its just a fun run, and I do plan to have a lot of fun. However, I also plan to finish the 50M. I've run one 50 miler before, but it was in the flats of east Texas. This will be in the Texas hill country, a whole different challenge.

Right now it looks like it will be about 3-5 of us starting the run, although I got an email from Joe last night and he said that it will "likely be just the two of us for the full 50." I'll have to hang with him or drop out, because I don't know these trails at all. He also said "the map will do you very little good." Super...

The rest of the Rogue Pike's Peak training group will be out there too, but only running 20 miles. There are about 20 or so of them going. For Sunday, the plan is to run between 10-20 miles, although if I finish the 50, then walking 1 mile on Sunday might be good enough for me.



On a side note, some co-workers and I went to Wendy's yesterday for a Frosty eating challenge. I ate two large Frosty's. This was a speed competition, and I finished the second Frosty in 1:59. That's what I call carbo-loading. I'm hoping those extra carbs will carry me through the last few miles this weekend.

1 comment:

brownie said...

Congrats on the 50!