Monday, July 14, 2008

IT Band Hell

When my knee started hurting, I had no idea what it was but I was sure it wasn't my IT band. I've had a bad IT band twice, both times when training on roads for my first and second marathon. I know the pain very well, and I knew this wasn't it. It turns out I was wrong, I have ITBS and I have it pretty bad. 5 days to Tahoe and I'm starting to get really worried.

Right now my plan is to stretch it and ice it as much as possible, and we'll just see what happens. I've never DNF'd and don't plan to, but IT band pain is the only pain I've ever had that could have pushed me to it. I hate even talking about this, so I'll stop. My leg is bruised from the foam roller last night, lots more of that tonight.

Congrats to all the hardrockers. You guys got me inspired for my own run.

No comments: