Saturday, August 16, 2008

Timber Knoll Game Plan

Tonight I'm running a 6hr race out at Pedernales State Park called Timber Knoll. My game plan is very simple, just run 6 hours. I'm just now getting into these shorter distances, and I'm hoping to make the next 6hr run next month a fast one. But tonight, I just want to run 6 hours and have some fun.

Now, I've often said I would just take a run like this easy, then I get caught up and try to race it anyways. That's why I'm writing this down, so it's official that I will take it easy.

I do have a second goal tonight, which is to focus on drinking lots of fluids, taking in lots of calories, and avoiding nausea. I know I can run 6 hours with only water and gatorade, but in an effort to make this a fruitful training session, I will focus on consuming as much as possible and finishing relaxed and able to keep going. Running on the bare minimum is what made my nutrition so difficult out at TRT100.

No running yesterday or this morning. Just taking it easy so I'm fresh for tonight.

No comments: